Optimiza for Inventory Optimisation
Optimiza is an advanced inventory optimisation application. Unlike traditional inventory re-ordering systems, Optimiza builds an inventory model of a business that takes into account the unique supply and demand characteristics of its supply chain. Optimiza has enabled over 400 companies to reduce their inventories by 15-50% and increase service levels by as much as 20% - and crucially, these results are sustained.
This model allows companies to:
1. Scientifically determine what inventory is needed to achieve required service levels, given the existing supply and demand uncertainties.
2. Calculate and maintain the optimal safety stock and replenishment orders.
3. Project future investment and warehousing requirements for their business.
This is essential for companies to be able to push the performance envelope of their business in a safe and controlled manner.
Optimizaís Methodology and Functionality
The functionality of the tool is very comprehensive and is structured to focus the userís attention onto the areas that will yield the greatest improvements, in the shortest possible time.
Based on demand forecasts, customer orders, supplier lead times, user-defined replenishment rules, current stock levels and the existing order pipeline, Optimiza calculates ideal levels of safety stock and optimal replenishment orders for every line item, at every level in the supply chain.
Optimiza provides the level of intelligence and flexibility that is not available in ERP systems. The software also offers simple, easy-to-understand and flexible interfaces, while ensuring that a robust methodology is integrated into the process and scientific principles are applied.
The key elements of inventory management include:
1. Supply and Lead Time Management.
2. Stock Profiling and Classification.
3. Forecasting and Demand Planning.
4. Replenishment and Distribution.
5. Excess Stock Management.
6. Inventory Modelling and Strategic Planning.
7. Key Performance and Process Monitoring.
Optimiza interfaces with in-house host or ERP systems in a number of different ways, i.e. via a simple flat file transfer, an ETL direct database interface tool or our SAP-certified interface tool.